Yard Drainage Wake Forest NC
Water is one of the basic building blocks of life. Your landscape needs it to grow healthy. Proper yard drainage systems ensure water stays in the right places and will aid you in conserving the amount of water you use.
A surplus of water can cause just as many problems as a scarcity. It can create stagnant pools of water that look unattractive and breed insects and disease. It can even have serious effects upon the foundation of your property.
Proper yard drainage ensures that your landscape has just enough moisture to keep your yard green while guaranteeing that you can avoid the unfortunate side-effects of too much water.
Let’s examine how Progreen Landscape Solutions can help ensure your yard has the right amount of drainage.
The Benefits of Professional Landscape Drainage
Drainage occurs in nature, but it takes tens to thousands of years for water to erode soil until it can drain in an efficient way. Some drainage never fully materializes which is what gives rise to lakes and basins above sea level.
Proper landscape drainage brings the following properties:
- An increase to your property’s overall aesthetic value. There will be no standing puddles, no areas where plants “drown,” and no patches where unsavory bacteria or mold can grow.
- A healthier landscape. Improper yard drainage can allow water to stand, mud patches to materialize, and sink holes to exist. It also encourages unwanted bacteria, insects, and mold to grow at rampant rates.
- More water for your landscape. Landscape drainage helps to ensure water is carried away from certain areas and delivered to others. This can maximize the amount of water that your plants receive, reducing the amount of water you need to use.
- Protection for your building’s foundation. Proper water drainage ensures water moves away from your building. This can reduce basement flooding, protect peer and beam foundations, and minimize the amount of cracking concrete structures display.
- Property value increases. Proper yard drainage by professionals helps to protect structures while reducing the amount of damage that occurs. The cumulative effect of this is an increase to the overall value of a property due to the reduction in future maintenance needs.
Landscape Drainage by Professionals You Can Trust
Yard drainage is another part of landscaping that is so complex that it can be considered an art. Techniques like grading your dirt, planting certain types of grass, and adding underground pipe networks can affect drainage.